Our last round of open submissions has gone well, and we have a lot of updates that are going on to the Collaborations Chart as well as the site as a whole.
We have a possible artist for M.S.D. Omega. I have looked over the portfolio, and am pleased with the work, so we’re just awaiting concept sketches and then production will start on that series.
Johnny Reb is going through the sketch process and I will be posting a teaser or two very soon. I like the way the art is looking, and think it will be another diverse art style for the comic line.
Initial sketches are coming in on John Doe, and the layouts are looking good. I’m hoping to see some more detailed concept art soon, but that title is on track.
We still need an artist for Dead Planet, as that script is finished and in the documents library.
We have development on a Scarlet Avenger series, which will be written by me and drawn by FieryDeath. We’ve had some good talk on the direction of the series, and seem to have the same goals for it. It’s going to be different in that he is a costumed vigilante, but Crime is not his target.
NO-Earth is moving fast, so keep an eye on this space, lots of updates are going to be coming.
(And mail is getting answered, so please be patient)
Ok, you’re just going to have to get used to checking this blog, because there is too much happening right now to not be posting on a regular basis.
Johnny Reb has an artist now. I’ve taken the script off of the documents page, and changed the collaborations chart, and I have to say, I am excited about this one. I hope to be posting some of the sketches in the next few weeks leading up to the launch of this new title.
And John Doe is coming down to the final re-write. This is a project we’ve had going for a few months, but re-writes can take a while when we’re trying for a good set of interconnected stories. The comic already has an artist attached, so the script is the only hold up at this point.
We have been doing a big push for new collaborators over the last week, so there are lots of new projects that are being fed into the pipeline. At last count, we have 2 dozen pitches in various stages, and I’ll be telling you about some of them that I’m excited about as I get a moment free.
(Going to be a great year for us!)
That’s right, we’ve been going for a year now, and it’s time to take a look back on what we’ve accomplished, and where we are going next.
First off, a year ago today, I opened this site with a couple of script pages and started trying to get some traffic and traction. I had some goals and some hopes, and while most of them were accomplished, we still have a long way to go.
- We’ve gone from a single Bird with a dream to a full staff consisting of editors, writers, and artists. The amazing thing is that each of these people is doing it for the love of comics, since no one is drawing a salary.
- We’ve gotten 33 pages of comics posted in the last year, and are now on schedule to make sure it’s 52 this coming year.
- We have two books that will be going to press come May, and I hope to have at lest 2 more issues published by the end our next year.
- We’ve gone from a back-end deal (which almost never work) to paying out small shares payments to our hardest working creators. The CO-OP is on target to make even larger and more frequent payouts this next year, all based on a shares model that is unique in comics.
- Our Time Line has over 40 entries with more coming. There’s also a lot of additional work being done on it for some neat things that will start appearing soon.
- Our background information is over 7000 words, and that will at least double in the next year as new writers start putting more information into the shared universe.
- We will be setting up at our first Convention this summer, Comicpalooza in Houston June 17-19, and selling comics, posters, prints, and anything else that sounds amusing. It will be far from our last con.
If you’ve considered making a serious go at Comics, we are on our way up, and would love to have a few more dedicated people along for the ride.
(This next year is going to be spectacular!)